Friday 11 June 2021

Invisalign journey (part 2)

(Set 1) Days 4-5

The feeling in the mouth is pretty much the same, with tightness in the teeth and not much pain. Here is the nitty-gritty of wearing the Invisalign:

1. Part of the treatment plan is to do a teeth exercise at least three times a day. You will need to bite on a tiny pool noodle, affectionately known as a Chewie, for five seconds on each pair of top-bottom teeth. Since I have breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks/supper, I will do the exercise right after I put my aligners into my mouth. As with all types of exercises, over working the muscles will lead to aches. :p

2. I hear myself sounding different, like a bit deflated, but H thinks it is mostly ok. I do make conscious effort to pronounce my words more clearly.

3. If you have a teeth clenching habit like I do, you will have very sore teeth with and without aligners. In fact, the latter felt worse, especially since you still need to chew your food. Apparently, the two layers of aligners between the teeth will amplify the usual clenching force and exacerbate the problem, so it is a good time to correct this bad habit. Instead of closing the jaws with the hind teeth, shift the closing position forward by keeping the front teeth in contact.

4. I secretly like to escape to the toilet for my 5min routine after each meal to have a quick break before running into the next storm of three kids. @.@ Thank you, H! Love you lots for holding the fort!

(Set 1) Day 9

My hind teeth don't feel sore anymore. Yay!

By the way, Dr Jasmine (Day 6) said that if the hind teeth soreness is really bad without the aligners, I can leave the aligners in my mouth while eating. I just need to avoid the strong colours like laksa and curry to prevent staining the aligners. 

Since nothing feels different, I will update again when I change to Set 2 on Day 15.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment