Monday 28 June 2021

Mini Goals

I am not passionate about investing/finance, they are just the means to the end (FIRE). As such, I find myself loosing motivation regularly. 

I think it is important to set mini goals in addition to one's final FIRE figure. Setting mini goals and building on them helps one to remain focused, and not how far away one still have to go. For example, my mini goals may be the next 50k or 100k.

Another important way to keep me focused is listening to FIRE/retirement/investing/finance/self-improvement audio books. I listen to such audio books when my hands are otherwise occupied, e.g. walking/driving or washing dishes. I typically borrow audio books from NLB using Overdrive or Libby. I am not too particular about the book title, or if I wasn't paying attention to some chapters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment